OmniVision Technologies, Inc.’s OV6948 is “The Smallest Image Sensor Commercially Available” according to the Guinness World Record, measuring in at 0.575mm x 0.575mm. The company also released its OVM6948 CameraCubeChip™, which is a compact 0.65mm x 0.65mm, with a z-height of just 1.158mm.
These medical imagers were developed to satisfy market needs for decreased invasiveness and deeper anatomical access.
- is a “chip on tip” camera with backside illumination, offering better image quality and low-light performance to help lessen LED heat
- includes a wide 120-degree field of view and an extended focus range of 3mm to 30mm
- can capture 200x200 resolution images and video at up to 30 frames per second
- its analog output can transmit over 4 meters with minimal noise
- consumes only 25 mW, generating less heat for better patient comfort and flexible procedure durations
OmniVision will be appearing at the MD&M Minneapolis trade show from October 23-24 in booth #1248 to showcase its new camera module.
For more information, visit www.ovt.com.
To learn more about OmniVision, check out: