Aldec has achieved the AWS IoT Greengrass qualification for its TySOM family of Xilinx Zynq SoC-based Embedded Development Kits (EDKs).
AWS IoT Greengrass extends Amazon Web Services (AWS) to edge devices so they can act locally on the data they generate, while still using the cloud for management, analytics, and durable storage. With AWS IoT Greengrass, connected devices can run AWS Lambda functions, Docker containers, or both, execute predictions based on machine learning models, keep device data in sync, and communicate with other devices securely.
To earn this qualification, TySOM EDKs had to pass the requirement tests for AWS IoT Greengrass. TySOM users will have access to the required HW and SW to kick-off their IoT applications using AWS IoT Greengrass.
TySOM boards can be used either as the main edge processing device or as a gateway to AWS.
AWS IoT Greengrass Core extends the cloud capabilities to the TySOM EDK, enabling it to connect with devices in an IoT system, run Lambda functions, and sync and secure communications among devices even if they are not connected to the Internet / Cloud.
FPGA-based IoT developers for the edge device will benefit greatly from a wide range of features which include:
- Processing data streams locally with automatic exports to AWS.
- MQTT messaging over the local network between devices, connectors, and Lambda functions using managed subscriptions.
- Secure connections between devices and the cloud using device authentication and authorization.
- Automatic IP address detection that enables devices to discover the AWS IoT Greengrass Core device.
- Secure, encrypted storage of local sensitive data and controlled access by connectors and Lambda functions
For more information, visit: www.aldec.com
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Tiera Oliver