PHYTEC has supplemented its phyCORE product line with the phyCORE-AM65x System on Module (SOM) based on the Texas Instruments (TI) Sitara AM65x processors. The module will offer secure boot, multiprotocol gigabit industrial communication, graphics, functional safety features and time-sensitive-networking (TSN).
PHYTEC is currently attending Electronica in Munich, Germany, in Hall B5, Booth 410, to demo the phyCORE-AM65x System on Module and a Rapid Development Kit based on the SitaraAM65x processor series.
The phyCORE-AM65x SOM is designed for industrial communication systems, factory automation, edge computing, grid infrastructure and applications. Users can run their application through the quad Arm Cortex-A53 cores, the 6 industrial PRU interfaces for timely communication protocols and the isolated dual Cortex-R5F cores for safety.
PHYTEC also launched the phyCORE-AM65x Rapid Development Kit, helping users integrate PHYTEC hardware and software with customer software and product designs.
The phyCORE-AM65x SOM features:
- Quad Arm Cortex-A53 CPUs und dual-core Arm Cortex-R5F MCU subsystem
- 3D Graphics support via PowerVR SGX544 Core
- Up to 6 Gigabit Industrial Communication interfaces (PRU-ICSSG)
- Single Lane PCIe 3.0
- OctoSPI Bus Support
- USB 3.0 Dual Role
- USB 2.0 Dual Role
- CSI Camera Support
- LVDS Display Support
- MIPI DPI Display Support
- DDR4 with support for discrete DDR4 ECC
- Up to 32GB eMMC
- Optional 2.4 or 5GHz Certified Wifi Solution
- 1x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet PHY on SOM
- SOM dimensions 55 x 65 mm
- Linux, Android (TBA), and TI-RTOS BSP (TBA)
The phyCORE-AM65x Rapid Development Kit includes:
- phyCORE-AM65x SOM with 2.4GHz WiFi Option
- DB-9 CAN Connector
- SD Card Slot
- MikroBus Header
- 1x 10/100/1000 Mbit RJ-45 Ethernet
- 2x 10/100/1000 Mbit RJ-45 PRU
- 1x USB – Console
- 1x USB 3.0 A
- 1x USB 2.0 Micro AB
- 1x CSI with support for PHYTEC PEB-CAM-01 Module
- 1x LVDS + Touch Expansion Connector
- 1x Cloud Security Module
- 1x OctoSPI Module
- 1x Single-Lane PCIe Slot
For more information, visit https://www.phytec.eu/.