Dialog semiconductor announced the release of its DA913X-A product family. According to the company, it’s a new line of highly efficient, high-current, automotive-grade, step-down DC-DC (Buck) converters.
The new converters require fewer external components, which enable a low system BoM cost and a reduced solution footprint. Operating at efficiency levels about 90%, challenges for powering high-current rails in a number of applications is reduced greatly.
The family is comprised of three devices, the DA9130-A, DA9131-A, and DA9132-A.
Key features per a company press release include the following:
- Remote sensing guarantees the highest accuracy and supports multiple PCB routing scenarios without loss of performance.
- Fully programmable soft start limits the in-rush current from the input to give a slope-controlled output voltage.
- Dynamic voltage control (DVC) enables adaptive adjustment of the supply voltage dependent on the load. This increases efficiency when the downstream circuitry enters low power or idle mode, resulting in power savings.
- Configurable GPIOs support a range of features including I2C, DVC and Power Good indicator.
- Optimized BoM cost and footprint: Each output requires a very small inductor and capacitor.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Perry Cohen