The Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) and the LoRa Alliance released a white paper entitled Wi-Fi & LoRaWAN Deployment Synergies: Expanding Addressable Use Cases For The Internet of Things. It includes contributions from mobile carriers, telecom equipment manufacturers and supporters of both connectivity technologies.
The white paper:
- Covers new business opportunities generated when Wi-Fi networks built to support critical IoT are combined with LoRaWAN networks built to sustain low data rate massive IoT applications
- Addresses the expanding popularity of IoT use cases in domains that depend on connectivity over large areas that are able to maintain many connections, increasing the need for massive IoT technologies
- Details numerous deployment models, frontend and backend integration and security processes. It also offers several organizations’ testimonials regarding the power of their Wi-Fi/LoRaWAN deployments.
Wi-Fi and LoRaWAN networks enhance a variety of IoT use cases such as:
· Smart Building/Smart Hospitality
· Residential Connectivity
· Automotive & Smart Transportation
To learn more, download the white paper from the LoRa Alliance at:
For more information about IoT, check out: