Here’s how it works:
Digi-Key Electronics is partnering with Embedded Computing Design to launch a monthly giveaway of its partners’ development kits. Each month, a different kit from a leading manufacturer will be featured. A total of five names will be chosen at random at the end of each month to receive the featured Dev Kit.
Then, those lucky winners can compete in a design challenge to win a $100 prize at the end of the month and are eligible for the Grand Prize of $4000 at the end of the year. In each case, all we are requiring is a “paper design,” whereby you tell us—very specifically—what you end product would look like, what functions it would have, why it would be a success in the market, and your expected bill of materials.
For timing, the winners selected at the end of February would have to send us their design by the end of March, and so on. Send the design to Rich Nass, EVP of Embedded Computing Design. The last giveaways will occur at the end of November 2019, so we’ll determine the overall Grand Prize winner in early 2020.
DevKit for May:
Renesas Synergy S7G2 Starter Kit
Experience the power of the Synergy Platform and key features of the flagship Synergy S7G2 MCU Group within minutes.
- Access all pins and on-board peripherals of the Synergy S7G2 MCU
- Accelerate code development with the tightly integrated and qualified Synergy Software Package (SSP)
- View, step through, and debug code with e2 studio ISDE from Renesas or IAR Embedded Workbench® for Renesas Synergy™
- Flexible connectivity options with USB, Ethernet with IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) support, CAN, and RS-232/485
- Arduino™ Shield Uno compatible socket and Pmod™ connectors for expansion with 3rd party, off-the-shelf, and custom multi-function boards
- Wireless radio expansion capabilities with a Bluetooth® Low Energy module
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) functionality with a Capacitive Touch Sensing Unit, Graphics LCD controller with 2.4-inch QVGA (240x320) TFT LCD display with capacitive touch screen, and GUIX Studio™ for developing user interface screens
- Measure real-time power consumption of current over program execution
- Security and encryption functions enable secure data communications and storage, with support for industry standard algorithms such as AES, DSA, 3DES, RSA, SHA, and GHASH
- Safety features include hardware diagnostics, memory protection, and watchdog timeout
- Debugging and programming with J-Link® On-Board (OB)
Provide your information here to be entered in to the drawing: