RS Components (RS) has unveiled the latest version of DesignSpark Mechanical, its free 3D CAD modeling software. According to the company, DesignSpark Mechanical Version 5.0 offers new features, enhancements, and customization options that have been developed following feedback from users.
Developed in conjunction with Ansys Inc., DesignSpark Mechanical uses direct modeling technology rather than the parametric methods used by traditional CAD software, enabling users to prototype or reverse engineer any physical object.
Key features of DesignSpark Mechanical Version 5.0 are outlined in this video and include:
- Equations tool - sketch complex curves
- Constraint-based sketching and dedicated 3D sketch mode
- Measure tab with geometry analysis and quality check tools
- Custom views, saving new perspectives of a design for quick access
- Custom rendering - adjust faceting per-body or full design to achieve better surface finish and optimize for better performance on hardware
- Customizable shortcuts - access any tool in DSM with one click
- Enhanced shading - display objects with shading when exposed to ambient lighting like in real life
- Flythrough camera mode
DesignSpark Mechanical also features built-in help text, quick-guide tutorials, example designs, and access to a 3D catalog with 3D models from leading component manufacturers.
Version 5.0 of DesignSpark Mechanical is available to download for free personal and commercial use at: www.designspark.com/mechanical.
For more information, visit : https://americas.rsdelivers.com
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Tiera Oliver