Kyoto, Japan and Ithaca NY. ROHM and Kionix have released the RoKiX IoT Prototyping and Development Platform. Both flexible and powerful, it can evaluate sensor hardware for developing, prototyping and deploying algorithms and IoT solutions.
The platform offers many options for acquiring, communicating and processing sensor-based data. It’s also a powerful development tool, achieving quick prototyping and proof-of-concept activities. The RoKiX Sensor Node is designed to gather data for proof-of-concept studies as well as provide the architectural foundations for fully-developed production solutions.
Sensors included in the standard sensor node
● 3-axis accelerometer
● Combination 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis magnetometer
● Combination 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis gyroscope
● 3-axis magnetometer
● Expansion bus allowing use of additional sensors
● Bluetooth 5 (IEEE 802.15.4-2006) with an integrated crystal antenna and a connector for an external antenna
● Low power consumption and long battery life
● Expansion bus for extended connectivity and functions
● Prototyping applications
● Connecting to various cloud services for data analysis, machine learning, remote monitoring, etc.
● IoT development education
The RoKiX Sensor Node is based on flexible architecture permitting connectivity to a host of other hardware platforms such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Cypress, 96 Boards, Sony Spresense and others. This will assist developers running the gamut of applications ranging from wearables, health and wellness, games and toys, and smart home devices to Industrial IoT applications such as smart city sensor networks, building and asset management, logistics, and factory automation.
The RoKiX IoT Platform will be showcased at CES 2019, January 8-11 in Las Vegas.
For more information, please visit https://www.rohm.com/ or https://www.kionix.com/.