The new 8GB board is ideal for applications which require real-time processing of large amounts of data with minimal latency, such as edge gateways, machine vision, and facial recognition. For imaging applications, its functionality can be further enhanced by the addition of the Raspberry Pi 12MP High Quality Camera with interchangeable lenses.
- Efficiency: The 28nm BCM2711 system-on-chip delivers an increase in energy efficiency over previous models.
- Processor: A quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 64-bit processor clocked at 1.5GHz enable the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B computer to run up to three times faster than its predecessor.
- Video and Sound: Two micro HDMI ports support dual-display output at resolutions up to 4K.
-Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, enabling faster transfer rates to mass-storage devices (up to 5 Gbps).
-True Gigabit Ethernet connectivity delivering network data rates of up to 1Gbps.
-Dual-band wireless networking at 2.4GHz and 5GHz, delivering real-world data rates in excess of 100 Mbps. Modular compliance certification allows the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
- Memory: 2GB, 4GB and now 8GB LPDDR4 memory options.
Other key features include:
- Multimedia: H.265 decode (4kp60), H.264 decode (1080p60) and H.264 encode (1080p30); OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics; hardware image sensor pipeline.
- GPIO: User definable GPIO on standard 40-pin header with full backward compatibility and additional multiplexed UART, I2C and SPI peripherals.
- SD card support: Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage.
-Power over Ethernet: PoE support using separate HAT accessory.
The new 8GB version of the Raspberry Pi Model B Computer is available from Newark in North America, Farnell in EMEA and element14 in APAC
For more information, visit: Newark.com
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Tiera Oliver