Plessey will showcase its latest microLED display solutions for augmented and mixed reality (AR/MR), head-up/head-mounted displays (HUD/HMDs), smartphones, and other display applications at Display Week 2019. Now in its 56th year and organized by The Society for Information Display (SID), Display Week attracts over 7,000 industry experts a year.
Plessey will unveil its microLED technology and demonstrate its scalable and repeatable GaN-on-Silicon monolithic process for next-generation display products. Plessey’s partners exhibiting at their booth include:
• Vuzix will demo their Blades AR glasses
• JDC’s high-density silicon backplane drives monolithic microLED displays manufactured on proprietary GaN-on-Si microLED wafers
• Plessey has been able to reduce pixel size by up to 87 percent with Nanoco Technologies’ cadmium free quantum dots (CFQD) semiconductor nanoparticle technology to convert native Blue to Red and Green
• Using Aixtron’s AIX G5+ C 8” MOCVD reactor to boost the development speed of Plessey’s GaN-on-Si microLED wafers, targeting next-generation AR and display applications
• Mojo Vision will showcase invisible computing display technology
Mike Lee, President of Corporate and Business Development at Plessey, said: “Display Week allows us to connect, commercialize and conduct business with current and future customers in one location. Adoption of microLED technologies is accelerating as a technology leading technology companies desire. Plessey is the leading provider of these microLED solutions.”
Visit Plessey at SID Display Week, May 14-16th, San Jose McEnery Convention Centre San Jose, California, USA, Booth 1922.