"Chairing the ESD Alliance's Governing Council is an honor," remarks Segars. "We have a duty to help shape the electronic and semiconductor design ecosystem now and into the future. It will be a pleasure to work with my fellow Governing Council and members of our community as it continues to evolve toward a more forward-looking, system-centric approach to design."
Other Governing Council members are:
• Dr. Raik Brinkmann, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of OneSpin Solutions
• Dr. Aart de Geus, chairman and co-CEO of Synopsys, Inc.
• Dean Drako, president and CEO at IC Manage
• David Dutton, CEO of Silvaco
• Dr. John Kibarian, president and CEO of PDF Solutions, Inc.
• Dr. Prakash Narain, president and CEO of Real Intent
• Dr. Walden C. Rhines, CEO Emeritus of Mentor, a Siemens business
• Robert Smith, executive director of the ESD Alliance
• Lip-Bu Tan, CEO of Cadence Design Systems
"The ESD Alliance has a new set of programs and initiatives, including ES Design West," notes Smith. "Simon's knowledge, expertise and sound advice is welcome and valued."
ES Design West
The ESD Alliance's ES Design West, co-located with SEMICON West 2019 July 9-11 at San Francisco's Moscone Center, is the only event in North America to address commercial achievements of the electronic system design community. It links electronic system and semiconductor design with the electronic product manufacturing and supply chain, to highlight how the disciplines are drawing closer together.
Program details, exhibitor, networking and registration information can be found at the ES Design West website. Follow ES Design West on Twitter: #ESDesignWest