In 1984, Lee Payne established Dataforth Corporation, an entrepreneurial spinoff from Burr-Brown Corporation, in his garage. Thirty-five years later, the company is a world leader in Instrument Class Industrial Electronics with two Tucson, AZ, locations and over 2,000 made-in-the-USA products.
"I started Dataforth with the goal of designing, manufacturing, and marketing the best possible products for data acquisition and control, signal conditioning, and data communications" says Founder and President Lee Payne. "As our track record proves, we continue to do just that."
The first product offered by Dataforth was a Limited Distance Modem. This was followed by the SCM5B series of signal conditioners. "The 5B is still our top seller," says Georg Haubner, Manager of Sales and Marketing.
To celebrate Dataforth's longevity, an interactive timeline of the company's history will debut on https://www.dataforth.com in the beginning of May. Approximately 7 years of history will be added to the timeline each month from May through September.
"From the very beginning, our commitment has been to set the highest standards of product quality, performance, and customer service," says Payne.
Dataforth products and solutions are used worldwide, sold and supported by a network of over 130 US and international representatives and distributors. As a testament to the integrity and stability of this company, many original employees are still there.
To date, Dataforth product lines include:
• SCM5B Isolated Analog Signal Conditioning Modules
• SCM7B Isolated Process Control Signal Conditioning Modules
• SensorLex® 8B Isolated Miniature Signal Conditioning Modules
• SCM9B Isolated Intelligent Signal Conditioning Modules
• MAQ®20 Data Acquisition System
• ReDAQ® Shape Software for MAQ20
• IPEmotion Software for MAQ20
• 8B isoLynx® SLX300 Data Acquisition System
• ReDAQ® Shape Software for SLX300
• SCM5B isoLynx® SLX200 Data Acquisition System
• SCMD Isolated Digital I/O Modules
• DSCA High Performance DIN Isolated Analog Signal Conditioning Modules
• DSCL and DSCP Loop Isolators and Transmitters
• DSCT Din Rail Mount Two-Wire Transmitters
• Data Communication Line Drivers and Converters
"We're continually seeking out emerging technologies in design and manufacturing to ensure we provide our customers with leading-edge, high performance quality products at the most cost-effective price," says Haubner. "We fully expect the next 35 years to be as innovative and exciting as the first 35 have been."
Dataforth products directly connect to most industrial sensors and protect valuable measurement and control signals and equipment from the dangerous and degrading effects of noise, transient power surges, and other hazards present in industrial environments. Dataforth products are manufactured in the USA and are RoHS 3 compliant. The company operates under an ISO9001:2015 registered and certified Quality Management System. For additional information, call 800-444-7644 toll-free, email email@example.com, or visit our website at https://www.dataforth.com.