Semtech released its new LoRa-based platform, LoRa Edge, for the development of Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
The company’s first product in the portfolio is a geolocation solution for asset management applications. It features Wi-Fi and GNSS sniffing capabilities coupled with LoRa Cloud geolocation and device management services
The LoRa Edge geolocation platform was designed to enable solution providers to leverage the localization capabilities of LoRa as well as the GNSS and Wi-Fi scanning capabilities from a single chip solution.
Key Product Features
Multi-Purpose Radio Front-End
- 150 - 2700 MHz continuous frequency synthesizer range
- GPS/BeiDou scanning
- Wi-Fi passive scanning
Low-Power LoRa/(G)FSK RF Transceiver
- Worldwide frequency bands support in the range 150 – 960 MHz
- High power PA path +22 dBm
- High efficiency PA path +15 dBm
- Fully compatible with the LoRaWAN standard
- Hardware support for AES-128 encryption/decryption based algorithms
- Handling device parameters such as DevEUI and JoinEUI
- Protects confidential information such as encryption keys
- Stores NwkKey, AppKey, as defined in the LoRaWAN standard
For more information, visit www.semtech.com.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Perry Cohen