CAMARILLO, CA. Semtech Corporation introduced the availability of LoRa Cloud Geolocation, which is compatible with the LoRaWAN protocol and virtually any network server and is the premiere product of Cloud services that Semtech will be offering to support IoT application development.
Features of the LoRa Cloud Geolocation include:
· Simple API accepting signal-strength, signal-to-noise ratio and time of arrival data from LoRaWAN-based gateways and returning an estimated location
· Supporting all LoRaWAN-based gateways, with or without accurate time of arrival data
· Compatible with all LoRaWAN-based devices on all LoRaWAN-based networks
· Options for including multiple packets (uplinks) in a single query for improved accuracy
· 100 percent stateless with all required data included in the query
· No device identity required - total device anonymity ensured
· Support for multiple antennae per gateway
· Deploy in public Cloud or on-premise
“Semtech’s new Cloud-based geolocation service, accessed by a Cloud API call, will simplify and democratize access to geolocation for all LoRaWAN-based devices,” said Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group’s Senior Director of LoRa Cloud services, Richard Lansdowne. “This is the first of a new breed of fully supported commercial LoRa Cloud services from Semtech that we will be providing as part of our overall strategy to simplify the development of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, which leverage the unique low power, long range and flexible deployment benefits of our LoRa devices and wireless radio frequency technology. With a free usage tier to allow anyone to trial the service rapidly and easily, LoRa Cloud Geolocation also offers a simple and cost-effective consumption-based pricing model.”
For more information, visit www.semtech.com.