Advantech and Mocana announced a partnership in which the companies are bringing Mocana’s end-to-end protection capabilities to IIoT devices while utilizing Advantech’s IoT gateway devices.
The TrustPoint solution from Mocana features on-board protection for IIoT and will be integrated on to certain IoT gateways that are produced by Advantech.
"Current approaches to securing IIoT devices focus on a 'monitor, detect and respond' mindset,"" said president of Mocacna David Smith, in a press release. ""Historic outcomes have proven that such tactical and standalone methods are not adequate to holistically combat risks in the emerging high-speed, digitally-connected era.
“The Mocana solution enables enterprises to accelerate implementation of industrial digital transformation technologies, while protecting devices and data from unauthorized control, manipulation and weaponization."
Benefits of the integration of Mocana TrustPoint with Advantech's IoT gateways, per the release:
• Automate the deployment, enrollment, configuration, updates and monitoring of a near-unlimited number of IIoT endpoints with security orchestration.
• Ensure IIoT endpoints function as designed and provide trusted data.
• Safeguard the integrity of an IIoT product from the time it leaves a manufacturing facility to when it reaches an end customer (maintaining tamper-resistant supply chain integrity).
• Minimize GDPR risk by stopping IIoT endpoints from use as a backdoor for malicious exploits targeting IT networks.
• Facilitate adherence to compliance- and risk-based standards, such as ISO/SAE 21434, NERC-CIP and ISA/IEC 62443.
Mocana noted that its TrustCenterTM Services allow TrustPoint to work seamlessly on the Advantech devices. The platform provides tamper-resistant, scalable workflow for ownership transfer and lifecycle management.
For more information, visit https://www.mocana.com
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Perry Cohen