Renesas released four new I3C Basic bus extension products for control plane designs across a variety of applications, including data center and server applications. The four mentioned extension products include the IMX3102 2:1 bus multiplexer, IMX3112 1:2 bus expander, and IXP3114 and IXP3104 1:4 general-purpose IO expander. They support up to 12.5MHz and integrated thermal sensor capabilities.
They were designed fir engineers implements I3C basic as a system management bus. The integrated thermal sensor makes it possible for better integration of thermal management into the design itself.
"The complexity of intelligent platform management in modern data center equipment has finally outstripped the capabilities of decades-old interfaces like I2C and SMBus," said vice president of data center business division at Renesas Rami Sethi, in a press release. "We are excited to offer an entire lineup of I3C bus extension devices for large-scale, high-speed control plane designs that enable sophisticated capabilities for environmental control, advanced telemetry, security, and fault recovery."
Additional features per the press release include:
• Two-wire programmable I2C or I3C Basic bus serial interface
• Single device load on the host bus
• Single 1.8V input power supply
• Integrated temperature sensor accuracy: 0.5°C with 0.25°C resolution
• Industrial temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
• Packet error check and parity error check functions
• Bus reset and bus clear functions
• In-band interrupt
• Programmable I2C, I3C Basic bus address
• 2mm x 3 mm, thermally enhanced 9-pin PSON-8 package
For more information, visit https://www.renesas.com/us/en/
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Perry Cohen