Renesas Electronics Corporation, a supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, announced a new precision temperature sensor, the TS5111, targeting DDR5 memory modules, as well as other applications such as solid-state disks (SSDs), computing motherboards, and communications equipment that require accurate, real-time temperature monitoring.
According to the company, the new JEDEC-compliant temperature sensor enables memory modules and other temperature-sensitive systems to run at peak efficiency and reliability with real-time, closed-loop thermal management algorithms.
The TS5111 plays a critical role in providing system temperatures with programmable warning flags that enable systems to exercise thermal control loop mechanisms such as memory refresh rates, fan speeds, and bandwidth throttling. Measuring a mere 0.8 x 1.3mm, the TS5111 is ideal for small form factor systems as well as applications such as memory and storage modules where proximity sensing is critical for reliable operation. The TS5111 supports I²C, SMBUS, as well as the new I3C Basic protocol for data rates up to 12.5 MHz and other features like in-band interrupts, parity check, and packet error checks.
The TS5111 joins a complete family of DDR5 solutions that enable companies to develop DDR5 DIMM solutions. The current Renesas DDR5 RDIMM ICs include the registered clock driver 5RCD0148HC1, power management IC P8900, and SPD Hub SPD5118.
Key Features of the TS5111 Temperature Sensor:
- Complies with the JEDEC JESD302-1 serial bus thermal sensor device specification
- Temperature sensor accuracy:
- Typical 0.5 °C in 75 °C < TA < 95 °C range
- Typical 1.0 °C in 40 °C < TA < 125 °C range
- Typical 2.0 °C in -40 °C < TA < 125 °C range
- Two-wire bus serial interface (I²C and I3C operation modes)
- Up to 12.5 MHz transfer rate
- 1.8 V & 1.1 V power supply input
- Packet error check and parity error check functions
- Bus reset function
- Two unique addresses selected by SA pin
- In band interrupt
The TS5111-Z1AHRI8 temperature sensor is available now in a 6-ball WLCSP package and is sampling to qualified customers.
For more information, visit: www.idt.com/TS5111.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Tiera Oliver