TOKYO. Renesas Electronics Corporation released a pair of new encapsulated hybrid digital DC/DC PMBus power modules, the 10-amp ISL8280M and 15-amp ISL8282M and is currently demonstrating them at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) in Anaheim, CA this week in booth #347.
The modules provide best-in-class power density of 115mA/mm2 in a 12mm x 11mm package, with up to 95 percent peak efficiency. They are complete single-channel, synchronous step-down regulated power supplies that run on a wide input voltage range of 5V to 16V.
Renesas also released the new ISL8210M and ISL8212M analog power modules, offered in the same pin-to-pin compatible 12mm x 11mm package with 10A and 15A of output current, respectively.
The ISL828xM Hybrid Digital and ISL821xM Analog Power Modules include:
- 4.5V to 16.5V single rail input voltage, and 0.5V to 5V output voltage settings
- ± 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature with remote sense
- 256 output voltage options configurable through a simple pin-strap resistor setting
- Are SMBus/I2C/ PMBus v1.3 compatible up to 1.25MHz
- Seven switching frequency options from 300kHz to 1MHz
- Selectable PFM/light load efficiency mode
- Comprehensive fault protection with voltage, temperature and current protections
“Our newest power modules expand Renesas’ growing portfolio, adding new capabilities to our performance analog module family and bridging the gap between them and our full digital power modules,” said Renesas’ Vice President of Industrial Analog and Power Business Division, Philip Chesley. “The new hybrid digital power modules offer class-leading power density and efficiency not achievable with discrete components. Compared to competitors’ module designs, the new Grid HDA package makes it easier for customers to mount the module on their circuit board.”
For more information, visit renesas.com.