Espoo, Finland - The Qt Company announced its Qt for Python to help developers better visualize large quantities of data linked to their Python development projects, as well as gaining access to Qt’s professional support services and global community.
Qt for Python features include:
• PySide2: Qt’s C++ framework, combined with the PySide2 Python module, offering a comprehensive set of bindings between Python and Qt
• Qt GUI Creation: Qt Graphical User Interface (GUI) creation consists of the following functional modules:
- Qt Widgets: provides user interface elements to create classic desktop-style user interfaces
- Qt Quick: the standard library for writing QML applications and contains Quick Controls, which are ready-made user interface controls for the fast creation of fluid user interfaces
- Qt QML: provides a framework for developing applications and libraries with the QML language, which allows user interfaces to be described in terms of their visual components and how they interact and relate with one another
• Environment Familiarity: Qt for Python offers a very familiar development environment for Python developers
• Python Package Index (PyPI): Simplifying installation of Qt for Python
• VFX Reference Platform Integration: Qt and Qt for Python are integral parts of the VFX Reference Platform
• Available under commercial licensing, as part of the products Qt for Application Development and Qt for Device Creation, and as open-source under the LGPLv3 license
“Python is quickly becoming one of the most influential and widely-used programming languages across the development community, and Python developers deserve a robust platform to bring their ideas to life,” said Lars Knoll, Qt’s CTO. “Considering the huge data sets that Python developers work with on a daily basis, Qt’s graphical capabilities make it a perfect fit for the creation of immersive Python user interfaces. With Qt for Python, our customers can build those user interfaces faster and more easily than ever before – with the knowledge that they are backed by a global team of Qt and user interface experts.”
For more information and to download Qt for Python, go to: https://www.qt.io/qt-for-python.