Digi International, a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, announced a hardware and software package, including the Digi EX15, Digi 6310-DX, Digi Connect IT, and Digi Remote Manager that enable enterprises to provide remote workers with high-speed connectivity backed by corporate security tools and policies.
With organizations moving in-office operations to remote environments due to COVID-19 quarantine mandates, creating a secure work-from-home network is a priority.
For primary wired WAN, a home office worker can connect the computer to the LAN port on the Digi device and the WAN port to the home Internet router. Corporate IT staff can configure the Digi device remotely via Digi Remote Manager to create a VPN tunnel between the home office and the corporate data center, encrypting all IP traffic in the tunnel. If there is a service outage at the home, the Digi device with its cellular module will take over and keep communications running and all data secure.
Digi’s work from home connectivity options include:
- Digi EX15: an LTE cellular extender that offers gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, the Digi EX15 offers Ethernet ports for wired WAN and LAN connectivity, along with a serial RS-232 port for out-of-band management. Employees can easily connect through a wired connection or the LTE certified CORE plug-in cellular modem;
- Digi 6310-DX: a cellular extender powered by the 4G LTE-certified Digi CORE plug-in module. The Digi 6310-DX delivers primary or backup cellular failover for business continuity;
- Digi Connect IT: Connect IT Mini: Single serial ports with wired WAN and LAN for issue remediation and OOB management, and LTE Cat-M for maximum coverage, Connect IT 4: Four serial port solution with wired WAN and LAN using the Digi CORE LTE modem with support for CaT 1, CaT 4, or CaT 6 for always-on cellular out of band access to branch offices and retail locations, and Connect IT 16/48: Solutions offering 16 or 48 serial ports with wired WAN and LAN for higher density locations that may be deployed with Digi CORE LTE modems to support resilient access to key infrastructure and remote data centers;
- Digi Remote Manager: Digi’s comprehensive IoT device monitoring application allows enterprises to simply provision and monitor its network of cellular routers and extenders as they are deployed to a workforce. As such, businesses are able to establish master configuration profiles to allow the system to monitor remediate device configurations back to approved settings in the event they are out of compliance. The Digi Remote Manager is also PCI, HIPPA and NIST approved and allows customers to reduce the amount of hardware required to build solutions;
- Digi TrustFence: a comprehensive security framework integrated into Digi's cellular routers, cellular extenders, and console management products.
Digi will also be hosting a webinar on April 14 from 10-10:30 a.m. Central time, where Randall Kerr, director of networking products, will share how companies can ensure their remote employees can reliably and securely connect to the corporate network. Register here for the live webinar (or on-demand after April 14.)
For more information, visit: https://www.digi.com/
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Tiera Oliver