New Albany, IN. Samtec Inc. and Credo have released their 56 Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator, including more than 100 channels of 56 Gbps PAM4 data offering 5.8 Tbps aggregate throughput.
Samtec’s contributions to the 56 Gbps PAM4 Active Product Demonstrator include:
- ExaMAX High-Speed Backplane System: enables 56 Gbps electrical performance on 2.00 mm column pitch and satisfies industry standards such as PCI Express, Intel OPI and UPI, SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel, Infini Band and Ethernet.
- Double Density Flyover QSFP28 Cable System: provides improved signal integrity and architectural flexibility by routing critical high-speed signals over lossy PCB materials and directly to the panel via ultra-low skew twinax cable.
- 0.635 mm AcceleRate Slim Body Cable Assembly: has a 7.6 mm body width to come within the vicinity of the IC. The high-density 2-row design features 8 and 16 pair configurations on a 0.635 mm pitch for up to 92 pairs per square inch.
- AcceleRate Ultra-Dense, Multi-Row Mezzanine Strips: feature high-speed Edge Rate contacts designed for high-speed, high-cycle applications.
Credo’s products include:
- 56Gbps Retimer, Gearbox Family: enables vigorous, low power, end-to-end signaling for 56Gbps single lane rate enabled platforms. The series is manufactured in 28 nm process technology. The family members include:
- CRT5028: 400G full duplex retimer (8 x 56 Gbps)
- CRT50216: 800G full duplex retimer (16 x 56 Gbps)
- CMX42550KP: 400G forward/reverse gearbox (16 x 28 Gbps to 8 x 56 Gbps)
For more information, please visit http://www.samtec.com.