PHOENIX—August 22, 2018—Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), a leading global technology solutions provider, today released the UltraZed-EV™ Starter Kit, providing designers with the core tools necessary to shape the future of advanced embedded vision design and turn their ideas into reality. By bundling the new UltraZed-EV System on Module (SOM) and Carrier Card, Avnet has created a complete platform for prototyping and evaluating embedded video processing systems.
The UltraZed-EV Starter Kit is based on the Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC EV device family and is the latest addition to Avnet’s Zedboard portfolio of modules and peripherals supporting customer product development leveraging SoC technology from Xilinx. The full Zedboard family includes the MicroZed, PicoZed, UltraZed and MiniZed and for applications including embedded vision, IoT, IIoT, voice processing and software defined radio.
“Providing lower-power, higher-efficiency machines with the ability to see, sense and immediately respond to inputs creates unique opportunities for system differentiation,” said Dan Rozwood, UltraZed project engineer for Avnet. “By leveraging the scalability and flexibility offered by the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC portfolio, Avnet’s new UltraZed-EV Starter Kit allows designers to focus on their product's feature set rather than high-speed, digital design infrastructure.”
“Avnet’s UltraZed-EV Starter Kit and accompanying SOMs give embedded vision and multimedia application developers access to the Zynq UltraScale+ EV device family to offer power-efficient solutions to many of today’s video-centric edge device designs, while future-proofing for the evolving standards,” said Sumit Shah, director of product marketing at Xilinx. “Complemented by full software development support, this platform is provided with Embedded Linux-based reference designs, which in conjunction with Xilinx’s extensive video IP subsystem portfolio, enable customers to develop an end-to-end platform to immediately start application development.”
The UltraZed-EV SOM
• High-performance, full-featured SOM with onboard dual system memory, high-speed transceivers, Ethernet, USB, and configuration memory
• Easy access to 152 user I/O pins, 26 processing system (PS) MIO pins, four high-speed PS-GTR transceivers along with four GTR reference clock inputs and 16 programmable logic (PL) high-speed GTH transceivers, and 16 programmable logic (PL) high-speed GTH transceivers
• Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC EV with integrated H.264/H.265 video codec unit, capable of simultaneous encode and decode at up to 4k60
The UltraZed-EV Carrier Card
• Mates with the UltraZed-EV SOM via two 200-pin Micro Headers, connecting the UltraZed-EV PL I/O and transceivers to FMC HPC slot, LVDS touch panel interface, SFP+ interface, HDMI In/Out, 3G-SDI In/Out, pushbutton switches, DIP switches, LEDs, Xilinx System Monitor (SYSMON), clock generators, and two Digilent Pmod™ compatible interfaces
• Third 120-pin Micro Header provides access to the UltraZed-EV SOM PS MIO and GTR transceiver pins, as well as USB and Tri-Ethernet interfaces
• The UltraZed-EV SOM PS MIO and GTR pins implement the microSD card, Pmod, USB 2.0/3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, SATA host, DisplayPort, PCIe® root port, dual USB-UART, user LED, and switch and MAC address device interfaces
Now available to customers in the Americas, EMEA, Asia, and Japan, the UltraZed-EV Starter Kit is priced at $1,595. The UltraZed I/O Carrier Card can be purchased for $649, and the UltraZed-EV SOM extended temp and industrial temp versions are available for $999 and $1,199 respectively.
For more information, please refer to the UltraZed-EV SOM and UltraZed-EV Carrier Card product briefs on the www.ultrazed.org website. To purchase this kit, visit www.ultrazed.org/product/ultrazed-ev-starter-ki[...].