I just downloaded the Internet of Things for Dummies book, which is authored by Raco Wireless. Clearly (I hope), I don’t qualify as a dummy when it comes to IoT. But I found the book informative nonetheless.
It’s written at a pretty high level, so if you’re a design engineer in the IoT trenches, this book likely isn’t for you. But you might want to peruse the pages just to be sure you’re not missing something obvious.
The book starts at “what is the IoT,” which is about as basic as it gets. Then it gets into how to launch a product and how to manage the IoT.
What I found most interesting was the ten facts you need to know about the IoT. I don’t think they’re in any particular order, but here they are, as presented in the book:
1. Data analytics make big data useful
2. Cloud technology enables the aggregation of diverse data
3. The Internet of Things changes the way people live
4. The Internet of Things creates awareness
5. The Internet of Things is affordable
6. Connected cars are here
7. The Internet of Things is a growing market
8. Security is vital
9. Fifty billion devices are coming
10. Cellular networks rule