Avnet’s RFSoC Development Kit leverages the Zynq UltraScale+ from Xilinx, Inc., allowing system architects to quickly deploy systems for 5G wireless communication, including for aerospace and defense uses, by integrating Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoCs for direct-RF sampling, MATLAB and Simulink from MathWorks, and RF components from Qorvo.
Avnet will be appearing at the Xilinx Developer Forum, October 1-2, 2019, in San Jose, California to exhibit the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC Development Kit.
The kit enhances the operation of the Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111 Evaluation Kit with the supplementation of the Qorvo 2x2 Small Cell RF Front-end 1.8GHz Card for over-the-air transmission, plus a native connection to MATLAB and Simulink with Avnet's RFSoC Explorer application.
Qorvo offers the latest RF devices to next generation 5G system architectures, yielding better performance of Avnet’s RFSoC Development Kit. Samtec will help the kit connect, prototype, and deploy high performance RFSoC solutions on a single platform.
Technical specifications include:
Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC ZCU111 Evaluation Kit
- Rapid prototyping platform using the XCZU28DR-2EFFVG1517 device
- Supports 8x 4.096GSPS 12-bit ADCs, 8x 6.554GSPS 14-bit DACs, and 8 soft-decision forward error correction (SD-FECs)
- 4GB DDR4 memory for large sample buffer storage
- On-board reference PLL (LMK04208) and RF PLLs (LMX2594) generate RF-ADC and RF-DAC sample clocks
Qorvo 2x2 Small Cell RF Front-end 1.8GHz Card
- Two channels, each with Tx, Rx, and DPD (Digital Pre-Distortion) Observation path
- Features the new Qorvo QPA9903 0.5 Watt High-Efficiency Linearizable Power Amplifier
- Default tuning to LTE 1800 MHz FDD System
- Fast Rx Digital Step Attenuator and receiver protection circuit
Avnet RFSoC Explorer for MATLAB and Simulink
- Signal Capture & Analysis with MATLAB and Simulink
- Radio-in-the-loop co-simulation over gigabit Ethernet
The Avnet RFSoC Development Kit is available for $9,495. For more information, visit www.avnet.com/rfsockit.
For more news on development tools, check out: