CHANDLER, AZ. Microchip Technology Inc. released its dual- and single-core dsPIC33C Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) series to adhere to the modified application requirements for memory, temperature and functional safety.
The dsPIC33CH512MP508 dual-core DSC:
- sustains larger program memory requirements
- the MP5 expands dsPIC33CH’s Flash memory from 128 KB to 512 KB and triples the program RAM from 24 KB to 72 KB
- supports automotive and wireless charging applications such as AUTOSAR software, MCAL drivers and CAN FD peripherals
The dsPIC33CK64MP105 single-core DSC:
- adds a cost-optimized version for applications that require smaller memory and footprint
- The MP1 provides up to 64 KB Flash memory and 28- to 48- pin packages
- includes features for automotive sensors, motor control, high-density DC-DC applications or stand-alone Qi transmitters
“With 76 dsPIC33C single- and dual-core devices in the family, the common tools, common peripherals and footprint compatibility make it easier for customers to scale as their memory, I/O, performance or budget needs change,” said Microchip’s MCU16 business unit’s vice president, Joe Thomsen. “In addition, the dual-core options enable easier software integration for separate software development teams to focus on control algorithms versus communications and housekeeping code.”
For more information, visit www.microchip.com.