|cold plate application|
|19 inch rack version|
PCI-SYSTEMS Inc. has announced a new line of solid state power controllers. Key features of the +/- 70VDC POWER DISTRIBUTION UNIT include:
- +/- 70VDC continuous input/output voltage
- Sixteen independent +/- channels at 15A, 20A max. each
- Trip current and ON/OFF, trip reset capability for each channel
- VITA 83 compliant
- Channel sequencing with user defined delays,
- Ethernet interface, dual RS485 interfaces for control
- Optional CANbus and MILbus 1553 interface
- Dual voltage (+/-) tracking for each channel
- Measurements of input/output voltage, output current for each channel
- Trip/Fault Status (if Over Current / Short Circuit)
- WINDOWS-based GUI to set up and monitor all system parameters
The Power Distribution Unit (PDU) primarily receives +/-70 VDC power as input from the main platform and distributes it as same +/-70 VDC to the subsystems having different current loads. The power input to the individual subsystem is controlled remotely through a set of commands sent on several interface options. The PDU is conduction cooled and suitable for use in mission critical rugged applications.
There are sixteen independent channels. Each of them is independently programmed for power ON/OFF capability. Power monitors used in each channel performs measurements of Current, Voltage, Power and Energy with 12-/16-Bit ADC with ±0.7% of total error. Programmable current limit is 2% accurate. PDU provides MOSFET power limiting with current foldback, continuously monitors MOSFET health, stores Minimum and Maximum measurements, alerts when thresholds exceeded, provides input overvoltage/undervoltage protection.
The COMe CPU module provides channel sequencing with user defined delays. All settings and configuration are stored into internal mSata SSD for nonvolatile configuration.
For more information, visit www.pcisystems.com.